Monday, January 20, 2014

From The Vault Vol 3

I like to burn trees but never meant to take down the whole forest.
Just a peg city kid with the whole world at my fingertips.
But sometimes I never want to leave this place.
Does it have me in it's clutches?
Lately i've been wondering how in control I really am.
And I wait for that special moment.
When I'll see a girl and it'll be like alright.
Let's do this. Let's stand the test of time.
Pipe dreams cause I'm not following any rules.
My clothes are shabby and my attitude is getting old.
And the past is a complete laugh or cry situation.
Never in between. It's all out in the open now.
Gotta deal..
So how we doing this?

Am I gonna run until my feet become sore?
Stop into a small diner with the 70's era plastered on it's old walls.
If I pay a little extra can I puff a cig?
Dropping my ashes on polished home cooked meals.
That home cooked perfection.
Seductive glances come with wishful thinking.
So be careful boy. Think about your next move.
Cause she's a dangerous one they say.
In class today the teacher asked " what's your inspiration"
And I thought about a rhyme I wrote about a year and a half ago "Life is what gives me stimulation"
"Life is rhythm and rhythm is life, it's got nothing to do with political strife"
Funny, I still believe music can save the soul.
It held me up by the fucking shoulders and dragged me at one point.

People enjoy rules and control.
They HATE cops.
But they NEED control.
They HATE being told what to do.
But they NEED a government.
As per capitalism rules. Someones gotta bake the cake with a cherry on top.
It goes from a sweaty kitchen dripping with unfufilled dreams and hard work.
To a wealthy wedding with all the trimmings.
Polar opposites.
And what am I getting at?
The process.
The line. Follow the line back and forth.
If you can stomach it. Get a cow and gut it yourself.
Make an incision on the lower belly and reach in.
Gross..Horrid.
Don't be afraid to get your hands dirty.
That big mac had to come from something.

Goodnight!

-dev

 

No comments: