Wednesday, February 24, 2016

-X

We used to talk for hours
So I feel I owe you more than the occasional drunk dial
If I pass you in the street will I shove my hands in my back pockets?
Force a smile and talk awhile?
Society has a funny way of telling me how to deal with an ex lover
Join the faceless masses in the move to shove her
From my memory
But the air fills with the words unsaid
All I can say is there's a difference between them
And I really can't tell
Perhaps it's how high you went
And how hard you fell

You're crying
Why are you crying?
You ended it with me
This is your freedom and my cage
Roll one up to contain the rage
I stare at the stars in the sky
Counted every single one
Must've lost myself in count
Until the moon waved hello the sun
It brought a warmth of optimism to my face
As a child I squirmed and cried with imaginary aches
A new day, my father would say
Tomorrows a new day
A new day, my father would say
Tomorrows a new day.

Dev.

No comments: