Sunday, April 23, 2017

In Transit 1



Met you the other day
En transit to change
You asked me what I thought of you
How you looked and the clothes you wore
Said you had just thrown a man out of your house
For calling you a slut and a whore
I agreed that he probably wasn’t the right one for you
Yet you stared straight ahead and continued on
My response mattering less than my company

You were on the way to see your daughter
And that you were scared because you thought she would see what you see in the mirror
That she would feel how you feel
And that would scare her
I want to know where you’re going
Mentally calculating the distance
Wondering if transit goes that far across town this late

Doubt won’t do you much good
So I believe you’ll make it to see your daughter
And she’ll see in you what I saw
A warrior princess in the night
As for me, I’ll make it
We’ll all make it.

d.r

No comments: