Tuesday, January 14, 2014

From The Vault Vol 1

I had this idea to dig up really old writing and share it. So here is the From The Vault miniseries.

 Social commentary is found best with hushed whispers.
Hiding in the dark from an invading force.
Dodging light wearing our best disguises.
Drinks getting poured and her confidence rises.
She wants her man and tonight she's dressed to kill.
Or at least give him a thrill.
Got my heartbeat going so fast.
You make me want club life again.
That bottle poppin culture.
Hot tubs filled with freedom.
Bubbly arguments aint possible.
But it all gets boring after time.
I start thinking do I want this all my life?
Cause I don't know about you..
But my days are long and i'm always looking to the future.
I just want to be set.
And fuck the struggle.

I feel I gotta give a big shout out the veterans.
But where are my bullets at?
How am I supposed to become a man?
MTV aint making me appreciate life.
I feel disconnected.
But sometimes those sweet things in life make up for it all.
I feel fucking preachy saying something like that.
Hate that self concious thought that's always there.
But life can be good.
I can't be the only one who likes fresh air and a cute girl at the bus stop.
She's a warm soul amongst the cold and wicked.
Seductive grays and a consumer mentality.
Plastic bags and non bio-degradable materials littering the floor.
Laminated newspapers.
Insane shit.
Yes..
I got this and that.
Petty highs and ipod fantasies.

Daylight savings time..
I don't even mind the snow.
It's more of the feeling of being cooped up all the time.
I'm partial to the night time stroll.
Kicking stones and working it all out.
Children around me stomping puddles and cheering.
I want to join the celebration and lose myself awhile.
I'll keep the voices in my head out of it all, though
I'd like to stay out of the loony bin.
But I can't help but wonder who the real crazy people are

-dev

I\m laughing a bit because I definitely remember this time of my life. THIS is when I really appreciated coming up with what (I thought) were massively creative lines. Such as: "Bubbly arguments aint possible" or "Petty highs and ipod fantasies". Looking back, some of the lines still hold, but others rather startle me in how CORNY they are. I mean : "You make me want club life again.That bottle poppin culture"

Club life?
Bottle poppin culture?
Laughing over here.


No comments: