Thursday, September 5, 2013

Words Of Life-Super Rough

Staying quiet when I should really shout.
Staying quiet when I should really doubt.
My life.
A climax of meaning and empty words.
Those who are real.
And those who are fake.
I'm no different in these flat lands.
A girl broke my heart in the mountains.
Another ran away in the prairies.
So from coast to coast i'm watching my own back.

I clutch my notebook close.
Only trusting my own words.
Girl you proved that wounds hurt over time.
Now I take cruel words with a grain of salt.
It burns but at least i'm involved with reality.
Pain is a necessary encounter.
But should only result in a firm handshake.
A pat on the back cause we're all fucking moving on.
And despite the depressed desire to slow it all down..

The world keeps spinning.
And so I put the pain away and watch my friends spin.
Circles of fire.
I'm a happy victim of my own desire.
To some a saint.
To others a liar.
I give a shit less and less.
Becoming a bit colder and older I must say.
I must confess

Getting used to the empty space.
That could be filled by a thrill.
A fat joint and a fine ass.
I hold on to highs wishing they could last.
All must fly and fall.
The inevitable process of life.

No comments: