Friday, September 13, 2013

Girl Don't Think-Rough

I know you've been hurt.
The way you pushed me away before sex.
Both of us butt naked.
Your face asking me if i'm here to stay.
Russian roulette with both our hearts.
Click and a bang nowadays just wishing we could hang.
Just as friends not passing you on the street as loose ends.

So girl don't think.
Don't you ever ever think i've never felt it.
The sting of a young love lost.
Embraces forgotten like the early morning frost.
Hand over the flame
If you get too close we'll both burn.
Safety in isolation.
I'm facing a difficult conclusion.
Those dark eyes endless...
Twists and turns.
Always a page turner.
End always in sight.
But I just can't put you away.

Not the first time i've related a girl to a book.
Each caress.
Each mess.
Staining pages and feeding rages.
End in sight I sigh and reluctantly participate in the fight.
Cause I know those fists you throw my way have lots behind them.
No taking the pain away from your makeup stained face.
Police breaking the door down.
Turns out I was just alone with a bottle.
Took them over three hours to get me out.
Because sometimes...
Well sometimes i'm just done with all this.

So girl don't think i've never felt it.
My cold eyes formed over many long winters.
Friends would come over with oil and a couple knives.
And we would crush the solution between our fingers.
Creating imagination over my stove.
Breath real deep.
Take that hit and lay back.
Letting the smoke escape my lips.
It rises and snakes across the ceiling.
The high taunts me with all the words.
But the unability to string them together.

I said the high taunts me with all the words.
And they spill across the floor in a million marbles.
Slipping and stumbling.
Mumbling and stuttering.
Just can't connect with those around me.
Poetry from the heart
But the crowd prefers tits and bullshit.
Maybe they want to escape

No comments: