Saturday, September 21, 2013

Poetry In September

A Sun Shower In Hawaii
Cools hot skin and glistens curves.
Leaving me thirsty for more


I want to get lost in mystery
The beating of my heart
My sweaty palms
She is my case to crack

Let us go then, you and I
Into a strange place
And in haste we must embrace
Before the world catches up to us.

There is pain
in this world
in the mirror she looks into
in the makeup that hides her eyes
the tired hands once smooth and young
reluctantly open a can of beans
every morning
the child shrieks with an empty belly
stretching and reaching for the dropped soother
the beans boil and burn
every morning
she steps out onto portage and main
answering the question of "how much?"
ducking into the dark sedan
the child
presses against the window
every morning

it is kiwi mango
underneath a hot bed of bubbles
an arm dangling over the cold porcelein
strawberry merlot on my lips

I am transfixed
By a sweet flower
In her gaze a heavenly power
I give a whistle
And over her shoulder she throws a bristle
I resign and cower
Rooted to the ground
By a sweet flower
In her gaze a heavenly power
She is julia

The room was murky with smoke
Dark with thoughts
Love left unfufilled shrivels and rots
Alongside her troup she trots
Hair cascading
I feel my confidence fading
I sit drink and think
She sways on the dancefloor
All eyes on her yearning for more
She is julia

No comments: