Thursday, September 5, 2013

Hush Young Poet-Final

Hush Young Poet.

At times I shed tears for no reason
guilty I wipe away the tears
as if i'm comitting treason
they say shush now young poet
cause heartbreaks out of season.

I'm all over the place
thoughts swirling
thinking of my final casket
and the long blonde hair of the flower girl
as she tosses lilacs from a woven basket
the intricate design twisting and turning
i'm waiting for the love of my life with my stomach churning.

I'm running with my children
pushing them away just hoping they turn that bike around
pushing them away just hoping they turn that life around
i'm holding a small child in my arms
and one day i'll be gone
with only my notebooks to paint a path
you can do it my baby
flourish in my aftermath.

I'm holding my mother as she takes the last breaths of life
i'm fucking punching the wall as the pain cuts me like a knife
i'm driving at high speeds in the rain
swerving down the windy hillside
I come to the place where it all began
with trembling hands I pull out my pen
and the clouds moan with wind
saying hush now young poet
heartbreaks out of season.

Should I expect you to follow my words when they go to dark places?
Should I expect you to find warmth in strange faces?
The world they walk in strange paces
I just want to grow my wings and fly

And if I do something out of character am I able to say I was just drunk?
Or perhaps I was just out of my mind
Out of my kind
On that fateful day
When you decided to finally take seriously the silly things I say
Or maybe you were just waiting for me to fuck up.
With one foot out the door you always wanted more
And i'm struggling between writing about your beauty and calling you a whore.
Those aren't nice words i know.
A million women have struggled, I know.
But god damnit i'm struggling over here to, ya know?
And harsh words leave my lips when I talk fast and think slow.
Just a man acting like a young boy
Should I expect you to follow my words when they go to dark places?
Should I expect you to find warmth in strange faces?
The rest of the world, they walk in strange paces
I just want to grow my wings and fly...

They say hush young poet.
Heartbreaks out of season.
But you will write and will always write.
Just try my young poet, not to force words out of spite.
It's your job to speak to the masses.
Let them know everything will be alright.
It's time to leave this place.
It's time to lay down that pen and succumb to the night.

Lines on her face
Her eyes hold the beauty
A lot of stress
My huge mess
I don't why but she still cradles me.
My guardian angel.

Mama don't leave me.
Don't look away.
I've taken you to hell and back.
With not much to say.


I'm up all hours of the night.
And the voices they say...
Hush young poet.
Heartbreak's out of season.

No comments: