Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Walk With Me

I got used to the late night walks.
Learned every step
Every twist and turn.
Learned how the rocks tumble across the pavement
When I thrust my foot out.
In anger
In Solace
In excitement over the coming days.
Clouds in the sky
Chronic smoke out my mouth like a secret
Slowly passed around.
Getting to heads.
Leaving a trace on those who stick around.
They follow just behind.
Encouraging devon to stay on his grind.

If it's all the same I'll just hang awhile.
Lean against the wall.
And watch society rush on past me.
Catching glances and cradling them.
Hope you see hope in my tired eyes.
These pupils raising hands.
You see my scarred perception.
And questions fill your aura.
Don't ask no questions.
No.
Don't inquire into situations you can't control.
You'll get a little too deep and scream for help.
But at that point it becomes too little too late.

The zoo fills with animals of a different variety
I see the sense go down with each shot.
Oh the humanity.
Oh the insanity.
It's this kind of behaviour that gets me off.
I'll be getting my dick sucked in the bathroom stall.
They say you're destroying your life devon
But they enjoy my fall.
From grace.
They want my memories but can't stand my face.
Sorry I made y'all uncomfortable.

I'm a little queasy to.
Seems a little easy to throw up all over you.
Mindless nonsense acting like a shield.
To block the reason of conscience.
A hand clutches the cross
To circumvent loss.
To ease the pain.
We all have our fixes.
Little patch jobs that go down our throat.
Or gently flow into our lungs.
We cough and speak in earnest on daily events.
We cough to our death.
And on our last days the words come carefully.
They roll around in our brain.
Everything said a prodigy
A precursor to our inevitable fate.

So hold tight to love as you know it.
And follow me on my late night walks.
I see the many shadows but I face ahead.
Because we all have our reasons for being there.
But mine is my own and I don't desire to share.
I give enough already.
In order to promote salvation.
Not the cosmic kind.
Not the religious dogma that'll poison your mind.
I'm talking about the freedom of thought,
The freedom to be who you need to be.
It's when we close our eyes and believe our dreams, then we really see.

No comments: