Thursday, March 7, 2013

I don't care if I have a "hot| server.

I don't care if I have a hot server.

Honestly, all I want is good service. Bring the food out in a timely manner. Know the menu. Offer drink specials. Re-fill drinks. Be nice and courteous and timely and BAM we're all good.

I work in a restaurant where all the girls wear tight dresses/tights/skirts/ anything that shows off the body and promotes sexy. To me this is sleazy. Not on the girls part but the client base. I swear i'll never be a guy sitting at a table hooting and hollering at my server. I'll never flirt with my server or make her uncomfortable in anyway. These 40 something year old dudes who think they are getting anywhere with their server are DREAMING. She's playing you for tips bro. Cmon, 40 and you haven't figured that out? And some may say "well he's 40 and probably lonely and trying to regain some of his youth" I say fuck that. When I am 40 I am going to be a classy dude who still does youthful things. This does not involve making an 18 year server feel like she needs a shower after speaking to me. I'll be hitting up the 30 year olds thank you very much.

I had an ex girlfriend who was a host at a restaurant for like 3 years. They never promoted her to server or even gave her a shot at it. Not even "here's a couple tables to test you out" on a dead night. It was a big no..just no no no. Their excuse? Some bullshit like you don't have the personality. Uhh...my bullshit radar goes off the hook with that. She doesn't have the personality? But you'll send someone over who has a head full of cottage cheese? Scratch that..wine cooler and gucci bags. A head full of wine coolers and gucci bags. Don't ask me where cottage cheese came from.

I couldn't help but think it was because they didn't deem her "attractive enough".I hate that fucking restaurant. But hey, they were no different than the one I work at. It's a god damn shame.


No comments: