Thursday, September 18, 2014

The Wake Up Series-Book Of Life

"How's it going devon?"

Not enthused steadily boozed up
Tv glare on my face, I need glasses
Key to life, I need backstage passes
Some that get it usher from behind the gate
I'm helpless letting those that don't know, control
Standing naked on the podium for them to deliberate and rate
One through ten my only friend is the pen
Cliche says the critics
Fast I run past the cynics
Jam a little lytics play with wordplay because a new day is a new day and a run on sentence never has sore feet
Love your body girl, hate to see the signs of defeat
Slouched shoulders as you apply the makeup
Life far from a game, life love and blood raised the stakes up
Childish games once harmless take the form of russian roulette
The mind doesn't always side with us because try as you try you'll never forget
How fucking good that kiss felt outside dippin dots
"Oh you got a little on your face hehe"
"Oh, where? There? No..there..there..there"

You got it but what a mess eitherway

What a mess eitherway


Sometimes I fall in holes come in contact with lost souls they scream and shout and pull at my jacket
Leaving messages on your phone voice fucked up what's the racket?
Tried to rob the wine store with a screwdriver under my shirt
Store clerk saw right through me, it was the doubt
He yanked the tool right from me
Need a fix?
He says the long hours prevent creative expression
And it would do well for me to take this
What's the..?"
The book of life take a lesson
Sure enough I fell through the pages
Like that old game myst



-Dev

No comments: