Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Just Being Honest



Solo swing set
Toes dragging along the gravel
I stare straight ahead and tell myself the latest argument was heaven sent…
Meant to be because they say all couples argue to a certain degree
But the edge of our words is felt from deep within
And they escape my lips despite my attempts to re-arrange their impact.
Your love turned sour
A pointless battle you’re trying to win
No passion beyond each embrace or a kiss
I got caught up in a situation I told all my friends to avoid
I got caught up in a situation just trying to fill a void
I’m just being honest
It’s not always easy coming home to my apartment alone
So I get wild with the phone
Acting sleazy just to not be alone
Playing an act while we’re pressed up against the wall
I’m just being honest
My hands know a different kind of love than my heart
They pursue pleasure with no fear of the explosiveness of affection.
We create storms with cold eyes and warm bodies
Combined together, drunk off the wine and each other
The defiance of fate
When those two collide the night sky illuminates my apartment for a moment
And if you look closely you can see us holding onto each other
I’m just being honest
I’ve never tasted a mixture so sweet as love yet so bitter when deserted

-Dev

 

No comments: