Sunday, April 5, 2015

Catch Me

you broke a glass
and I saw you crying and I was trying
to tell you everything was just fine
but it wasn't
the apartment was a mess
we didn't even sweep it up
broken in so many places
so many fights
so far away from the bright new york lights
where I pressed you up against the balcony
your dress pulled up around your waist
we were perfect love making strangers
the type of love we all just fall backwards into
with no thought of tomorrows dangers
catch me.

how did it get to this
pulled you out of the rain
hiding on a strangers porch I stole my first kiss
you looked at me with those suprised eyes
and I knew
oh I knew
you'd believe all my lies

the tears that fell down your face breathed life
they breathed life into your stoic heart
now you paint out pain in art
i run my hands along your back
drifting by your collarbone
to your chest
thinking how lucky of a man am I?
that I could still touch you.

catch me.

whatever it means
just catch me
and i'll catch you to.

-d.r


No comments: