Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Poetry On My Breath

If the weight of the world finally claims my last step.
Just remember it was poetry on my mind
Poetry on my last breath.



Holding me, touching me
Forging your signature on my skin
As if I could ever be yours
You lied when you held me close and said "I love you"
You forced that and I believed it all
You ended things and I forced a...
It's ok
It's ok
It's ok
If i repeat it all quickly then things will be ok
If I drive real fast past the neon signs that beckon me with sin
Inviting love but never delivering
Guess I just gotta pick you up and drive so far away
Stop. Let's tell the truth. We both just want to shed clothes and breath real deep
I'm a little unhibited and my mother hates you for it

She wants me to find a girl bound to a small town
Not travelling the world with my heart in her hands
But I never relished safety with my passionate embraces
No, we can hang off this cliff edge
Just don't let me go.

Dev


No comments: