Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Confessions

I get drunk on passionless embraces
Waking up to strange faces
Seems like things were all good so long as the high lasts
But I woke up realizing we'll never connect
Completely different pasts
And you're fucked up and so am I
So i'm wondering why I thought I could heal
When I should've focused in the mirror
Despite the sex I was up way past you wishing I could see her
That's her, not you. It' hurts because it's true
Nowadays I think of what it means to be a man
Not meeting the quota i'm over it all
I don't really invest myself in anyone
Scared of the incoming fall
I never could sleep with someone beside me
So I slip away...
Late night walking home, someones behind me
I clench a fist over a weapon I never could carry
Just knowing when I close my eyes I'm terrified at the knowledge...
I'll kill a man


-D.R


No comments: