Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Notebook Portal


I climbed my way to salvation with the light of her auburn eyes

Whispering red hot summer lies

Terrified of the long winter spent sleeping alone at night

I was far from the only one

A line of suitors in three piece suits

Lined up for miles outside your beachside villa

I was known for my lack of accountability

Brooding over poems as the waves crash against the pacific coast

Interrupted by a gust of that sweet summer air

A mixture of lilac and your perfume ensnares me

Fate dares me

Scrawling furiously to capture the feeling before I lose it

I always took walks at night and rumor had it you also had a secret escape

A grotto beyond the common path

With crystal clear water and a sun that never sets

As many things in life I considered myself lost

And then you were just there

Nude under a bright blue waterfall

The feeling, I've lost control

Beyond me, they were cascading

And I'm slipping on the rocks as I try to get closer

I'm fading, losing this dream

The only thing I could remember was those hips and a small smile on her lips

Waking up I realize my notebook felt a bit different

Indeed, when she chose, she rose out of the words

And I'd fall face first into the world I created

dtr

No comments: